Don Derryberry, Jr., O.D.
Don D. Derryberry, Jr., O.D., is a State Licensed Therapeutic Optometrist, a State Licensed Optometric Glaucoma Specialist, and a Diplomate of the America Board of Optometry inaugural class in 2011. His focus is on Primary Eye Care with an emphasis on dry eye management, ocular disease management, all types of contact lens fittings, and Pre- and Post-Operative Cataract and Refractive Surgery care.
After his graduation with a Bachelor Science degree in Biology from the University of Texas at Arlington, Dr. Derryberry was awarded his Doctor of Optometry degree after graduating, with honors, from the University of Houston College of Optometry. Dr. Derryberry has extensive experience working with problematic contact lens patients, pre- and post-operative surgical patients, as well as having expertise in Dry Eye Syndrome, Glaucoma, and Diabetes.
Formal Education and Training
- B.S. – University of Texas at Arlington in Arlington, Texas (1985)
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) – University of Houston College of Optometry in Houston, Texas (1991)
- University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Texas.
August, 1996 to August, 1998
Provide comprehensive primary eye care to the inmate population at the Bureau of Prisons Federal Medical Centers at Fort Worth, TX and Carswell, TX.
As part of his commitment to staying on top of the latest developments in optometry, Dr. Derryberry is a member of the following organizations:
- American Board of Optometry, Diplomate
- American Optometric Association
- Texas Optometric Association
- Dallas County Optometric Association
- Plano Metro Rotary Club, Paul Harris Fellow
Dr. Derryberry is married and has two wonderful Dalmatians. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends, good food, travelling, and health and fitness training.