Started November 2, 2018 0 Comment(s)
- Vitreous gel inside the eye contracts as we get older
- Vitreous membrane separates from the retina
- Separation produces vitreous debris seen as “spots” by the patient
- Traction at attachment points may produce symptoms of “flashes of light”
Many cases of uveitis are chronic, and they can produce numerous possible complications that can result in vision loss, including cataracts, macular edema, glaucoma and retinal detachment.
- Monitor the condition until the vitreous detachment stabilizes
- Retinal consultation for prolonged vitreomacular traction or peripheral retinal disease